Monday, November 26, 2007

hmm

Crafty Cotillion meeting tonight. Anytime there are free brownies, a gift exchange, and good discussion I am in. Well the gift exchange didn't happen tonight but we all took names to do one at the crafty party which will be...oh I put it in my phone and its dead, so December a Thursday at some point. I'll get back to you on that. People tonight were talking about community and such and I just want people to know that there are things going on in Columbus. A bunch of good websites to see and hear about things are well, listed on my blog..jeeze. Columbus Underground is awesome and blogs are always good (you knew that, you are reading one) The Indie Art Capital link I have is great which is a Wiki so anyone can add (even you!) I think people like Walker Evans (actually I KNOW) are great because they seem to really be living the change they want to see (Gandhi anyone?...look it up) Also Mike Reed from Junctionview so look up them and you will find some action going on. Junctionview itself is a great place to see things happening as well. Sorry, now I am just rambling but I felt like I heard nay-saying tonight and that things weren't happening in Columbus and I know that is just not true, you gotta do your homework people! We are not there yet, but we have come a long way and people need to be recognized. Also, about the Gandhi thing, he said, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." I think that is such a profound quote. If you are complaining, then you know something is wrong, if you do not then choose to do anything about it, then how is it ever going to change? You have power, just figure out how to use it, or don't complain. If you lose, or you fail, at least you know you tried. Ok, I think I am done ranting. North Market Craft Extravaganza this weekend! I will have new t-shirts (hopefully) and am working on holiday cards and some paintings (maybe I will sell them there, not sure). Please come out to that, and leave comments please! :)

2 comments:

Loretta said...

let me know when the next meeting is....i was working on my final project for a design class i am in, and haven't left the house in day....well except to work:( i am presenting it in about an hour...so i will be much more free after today!

Megan said...

One of the bad things about teaching on Monday nights is that I've never been able to attend a Craft Cottillion. Maybe I'll have to arrange for a sub sometime...