Monday, April 21, 2008

the bus, the dog, the shirt, and the sprout

So my car is pretty much broken, my awesome awesome friend Kyle tried desperately to diagnose it and he can not. My next option is to go to the shop but moneys is tight right now so it looks like the bus and begging Andy for his car are my options, and walking..oh wait I have a bike now too but I have to get it looked at (Abe my roommate gave it to me, thanks so much!) Angel (Abe's dog) is our new...thing we have to deal with at the house...ha. No, shes great but she has a tendency to follow everyone around, and by follow I mean she is literally touching you as you walk down the stairs she's so close. She also whines if you shut her out of the room, but for me I am lucky cuz I got the attic and I can't hear her (ha). She loves to lay in my bed while I am working on the computer, she is adorable I admit it. I printed new girl shirts...four of each size so far, I am going to test them out at North Market and see how they do. This is my first real attempt at multi color, I have done it before but this is a little different technique, I do not have a carousel. What I do is I have one color on one half of the screen and then you flip it over and the other color is on that side. I have a press that my brother and I made and it is for one color so I do all one color let it dry, and then go back and flip the screen around and do the second. The hard part is registration but I think I made some sweet looking shirts. They all look a bit different and though the design never really lined up perfectly I am happy with the results. My brother suggested lighting the screen from the bottom which we may try. Oh and I got a basil plant from Target for a buck. I got a sprout! I can't get blogger to get my photos up so I will soon...darn.

No comments: